Monday, June 9, 2008

People Never Cease to Amaze

I know we all have bad days and such but there are a number of people out there that truly disappoint me. People who have gotten things from others or light shown on their plight to help them but when they are asked to help those that helped them they turn their backs. This happened again just yesterday, a lady many people admire was at the same event I was at. This lady had been the subject of a feature Monty had written a few months back trying to shine some light on her and trying to help her out.

I told this person and her handler about our upcoming ride for Monty to help with some of the expenses he incurred when he had his stroke and could they possibly donate something signed. They said they needed to think about it and would let me know by the end of the day. Yep you guessed it that was the last I heard from them.

I realize they get hit up all the time for donations, so do I. I know not a lot of people say thanks afterward I get the same thing. But I also truly believe that you help and support those that help and support you. That is the biker way obviously there are a lot of folks out there that are not really bikers but try to pass themselves off as such.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Oh these same folks had no problem asking me to travel hundreds of miles to cover the opening of a place where you could buy "their" goods on a daily basis. I wasn't able to make so maybe that is why they ignored my request who knows or maybe it is just another example of somebody wanting something for nothing.

June 9, 2008 at 10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home