Monday, August 25, 2008

Gratitude

You will probably read more about this topic in coming months from me, But yesterday I was sitting at Top Shooters chilling after a great ride on the Hartbauer/McBride Poker Run. The turnout was good and a lot of money was raised for the foundation but I couldn't help thinking of all the people this organization has helped over the years. I took that thought a little further and though that what if one friend of each person that had been helped had gone on this ride, it would have rivaled Bikers for Babies instead it was significantly smaller than that. Last year we ran a story about someone helped by the foundation and we are willing to publish more. However the foundation guards peoples anonymity so the individual would have to approach us. I know there are a lot of people out there asking for donations but these folks do so much with no corporate backing and for no money. I know by attending their meetings that no one gets paid and in fact many of the board members donate far more than the items later sell for. To learn more or to make a donation

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home