Saturday, December 27, 2008

I was recently informed

I was recently informed by a friend that my name and Jennifer's appeared on a flyer for an upcoming event in Belleville, IL. I guess the person who made the flyer still hasn't figured out that my wife's name is Joy and that Jennifer is my sister. If you can't tell the difference or there is no difference between a wife and a sister, you might be a redneck or a phony rooster. I state right here and now that my name was used without my consent, probably to give credibility to an event which I do not support nor do I have any affiliation with. I have not yet decided whether or not to get a legal opinion on this matter, since someone is using my name without consent.

The event in question does not allow bikers that wear colors to enter. I have taken a stand against for profit events that do not allow patch holders to attend. Those of you who attend these events have probably noticed my absence at the last couple of events at this venue. I guarantee I will not be at the next one either.

In fact this attitude by the promoter is what has prodded me into starting a real swap meet, where the order of the day will not be how much dead cow can I stuff into one building. The first of many Midwest Motorcycle Swap Meets is coming on March 28, 2009. Please watch the magazine for details.

We will have a garage sale area where you can get in to the swap meet AND have a place to sell the parts you have sitting in your garage--cost for you as the seller is only $20. It is time for motorcycle events to be for and about bikers and not just how much money can we grab.

I end this as I started it. I have nothing to do with any upcoming events in Belleville, IL, and it is obvious to me that people who have no integrity have used my name to give an air of integrity to their event.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure wish more riders were of like mind about the NO COLORS rule..Looking forward to the Midwest swap meet in march...I also would like to say congrats on your still being around,I know it was rough on you in the begining..Biking Life is here to stay,keep up the great work....R.L."Popcorn"Poncia

January 1, 2009 at 9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is kind of amazing to me but ABATE Chapters are worried about their booth at this event. Let's see a group that talks about biker's rights and freedom supporting an event that thumbs it's nose at them. hmmmm

January 3, 2009 at 7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home