Friday, January 28, 2011

Nobody Tells Us What To Do

I recently had someone offer to write a column for the magazine. He told me that others were already going to print it. Then he gave me a list of conditions to agree to. The column idea was a good one and one I have been pursuing with someone else. However we at The Biking Life do not allow anyone to dictate what our policies should be. We are independent I guess if you are a franchise business though you are probably used to having someone dictate what your policies should be.

Also as I have said before both here, in the magazine and to potential submitters, The Biking Life prints unique stories and features, with the exceptions of press releases and written advertisements. You will not find stories in The Biking Life, that you have read elsewhere. We have enough unique content to fill a couple of magazines every month.

4 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Not many comments on the blog entries now that they can't be anonymous. I guess some people don't have a strong enough opinion to be willing to own it in public. I wish I disagreed with Jim more so I could post something more exciting here.

January 29, 2011 at 7:18 PM  
Blogger John said...

Jim, the franchise magazines do have the advantage of running articles from their sister publications. That way they don't have to rely on mainly locally produced content.

January 29, 2011 at 7:25 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

February 1, 2011 at 1:07 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

And some John have ran articles I wrote. We have published content from truly around the globe. We have submissions from the world. We are not restricted to any one geographic area. That is why The Biking Life is delivered to 10 states and probably could be found in all 48 contiguous states

February 1, 2011 at 1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home