Sunday, August 3, 2008

Yesterday's Motorcycle Events




Hi-even though there were not a ton of events going on this weekend, yesterday was a busy day. It started at St. Ambrose on Wilson St. on the "Hill" where I attended the funeral service for Judy Yount. There was a great processional ride afterwards that many of Judys friends took part in.

Then it was off to deliver more magazines; oh, and I will have the website updated this evening. I delivered all the way out to Stanton, MO which gave me an opportunity to talk to old friends like Mike Stout at the Union flea market. He has some awesome deals and motorcycle accessories and is always a good dude to talk to. Next time you are out that way check him out.

After that I stopped by the Grand Opening of Tubas at 4036 S Grand Ave in St Louis. There were a lot of his BACA buddies there and he already had bikes on the tables and was wrenching on them. I believe their specialty is going to be quick turnaround and very reasonably priced oil changes. In fact, rumor has it some shops are already complaining about the prices he is charging. Well I think that is the way American business works, you know the whole build a better mousetrap thing.

Then it was off to Gallaghers for the second of five nights of poker runs known as the Moonlight TT. After taking a year off, this fun night time poker run is resurgent. As I wrote the other day, the tunrout wasn't awesome for the first week, but this week we had 10 times as many bikes and everyone looked like they were having a great time so I'll bet it will continue to grow. Next week we start at Crehans on North Belt West in Belleville and sign up is from 6 to 7 PM; last bike in is 11:30. My apologies to the folks last night, we got out of there a little late. I am not sure why, maybe it had soemthing to do with crazy people karaokeing at Ardie and Tinys in Collinsville, Ardies is also pictured above. I also thank Brett Small, Gene, Gary and Sis of S & J Main Street for coming up and riding with us. Oh and we can't forget Patty and her chair dances.

This was probably the biggest nighttime tavern run in St Clair County this year and only promises to continue to grow. We don't do this for The Biking Life, we do not have to have our name on it. We are doing this for fun and for charity. Towards that end, I personally thank Sis Sager and Brett Small for donating back their winnings. That enabled us to raise $150 last night for the Belleville Womens Shelter. I hope to see you at Crehans next week and remember free food at the first stop!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home