Sunday, October 5, 2008

What I Saw on the Way Home From the Rat Run

I saw this, on the curve where I-64 splits from I-55/70. I also saw traffic backed up on the interstate system so this could be done. I guess safety is only a concern when it is going to mean dollars to the state's coffers because can't believe causing a back up like the one we saw for one motorcycle is safe.

When I was young my mother told me the policemen were my friends well my friends don't do this to my bike and then charge me $150 to get my bike back. The state troopers are the one's we see doing this but there orders come from above so please vote all the scoundrels out. Although Sonny Barger once told me that the cops will follow any master, he is right look at history whenever a regime changes the ones who stay around are the cops to obey the new master.

Oh I was told I didn't give enough info in this post originally. The last weekend of September Illinois officials towed 29 bikes from the River Road around Clifton Terrace for various infractions from no motorcycle endorsement to no insurance and of course other things as well. It seems law enforcement folks in Illinois like to target motorcycle riders, while they let that 1976 Plymouth Valiant that is spewing exhaust and is all rusted out travel their roads. At any rate yesterday it was announced several times at the Rat Ride that if you were going to Illinois to make sure your papers were in order, kind of sounds like NAZI Germany doesn't it. If you cannot produce your papers then you are wrong. I guess the days of innocent until proven guilty are just a dream from the past.

So the fact is do I know why this bike was being loaded on the tow truck? No but I know the way that state operates. In order to get this pic I was probably in an illegal area and didn't want to give the authorities anymore reason to harass me. Besides from past dealings with them I know how most law enforcement officials react when you ask them questions and it isn't good.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim, were you able to find out why the bike was being towed?

October 6, 2008 at 12:37 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Not exactly, one doesn't want to p off the gestapo too much. But with the number of tow trucks they had lined up there most of them being the regular type it was fairly obvious that this was some type of check. Also when we first drove by there were a number of other bikes pulled over as well.

October 6, 2008 at 2:39 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Okay I was wronng here this incident was the result of a very serious motorcycle accident after some folks left Shady Jacks on Sunday.

October 9, 2008 at 8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home