Saturday, October 31, 2009

Thomas Matt Michel


Thomas (Matt) Michel





November 29, 1963 to October 29, 2009



Our friend Matt Michel lost his battle with Leukemia in the early hours of October 29, 2009. He was president of tri-county ABATE and a member of BACA. He was an avid motorcyclist. He was also a community activist participating in many fund raisers and benefits. He was an iron worker who worked for Hussman for close to 20 years. He had many close friends and is survived by his sister Beth and Tony Cirami, 3 nephews and his mother and father, Gail and Glen.



We are organizing rides before the visitation on Sunday Nov 1st leaving at noon from Chariots of Fire. Viewing is from 2-9 at Baue Funeral Home on Jefferson St in Old Town St Charles. We are planning a ride in Matt’s memory at noon with plans to arrive at the visitation at 3.



Funeral services are planned for 10am at St Peters Catholic Church on 3rd St in St Charles. We are leaving at 8 am promptly from Chariots of Fire for the procession to meet the family at Baue and follow them to the church for the service. After the service, we will be following Matt to the cemetery.



A celebration of Matt’s life will follow the burial at Tattooed Lady’s in Moscow Mills. Please join his friends and family. If you are able, they are requesting that you bring a covered dish.



If anyone one has photos of Matthew, we are collecting them for Matt’s family. Please reply to this email with the photos attached. Also, memorial patches have made and will be available at the dinner celebration at Tattooed Lady’s after the services. There will be someone there to sew them on if you need.



As we said, Matthew was an avid motorcyclist and we want to remember him by getting as many bikes as we can to ride in his honor. Please join us if you can for one or both rides!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

The above was sent as an email from the Chariots of Fire Customs family. If you can make it I am sure it would be appreciated.

October 31, 2009 at 2:45 PM  
Anonymous Nicole mann said...

Would just like to add a little more info about Matt ...aka as my dad ... And my childrens grandfather ..which isn't listed above . My dad was my hero he was my rock and very much loved riding his bike and I know he made alot of friends riding and I'm 100% sure if you knew him and was close to him then you have heard of me my name is Nicole Mann and I would just like to say no matter what his sister or parents have said I am his daughter and I love him and miss him every day it hasn't got any easier in time it's almost been a year and it's just getting harder without him here ... I go late at night to sit on his lap ( his grave ) and no one will ever know the pain I feel when I have to leave !! To Gail and Beth ...gfy !!! Rip daddy ...papa Matt chew we miss u so very much !!

September 13, 2010 at 7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thomas Matthew Michel R.I.P. XOXO


     God looked around his garden on October 29,2009 and saw an empty place.
 He then looked down upon earth and saw your tired face.He put his arms around you and lifted you to rest.His garden I bet is one beautiful place,He always takes the BEST!!
  He saw you suffering,he knew you were in alot of pain,he also knew you would never be well on this earth again,he saw the road was getting rough,the hills were hard to climb.
 So,He closed your weary eyes and whispered...Peace be thine...

It broke my heart so badly to lose you,but I know you didnt go alone for part of me went with you the day God called you home.ILOVEYOU&MISSYOUEVERYDAY!! 

 FOREVER AND ALWAYS,
                  XOXO,COLE


 

September 25, 2010 at 8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home