Monday, November 9, 2009

St Louis Veteran's Day Parade

First I want to thank all who came out and showed their support for our Veteran's. Especially those who took part in the rides from the various starting locations. I want to thank all of my friends who met me at Geo's Wings in Belleville, IL where we had a nice little group leave from. Where the bikers were was the most populated place on the route with the exception of the viewing stand. I also though it was very cool that there were well known radio celebrities who came out and showed their support in a private way. I think that says a lot about who they are and how they roll. Then the amount of bikes in the parade was awesome the Vietnam Vets MC was represented, Kirkwood HOG and Gateway to the West HOG and the Patriot Guard Riders.

Then I went home to watch the news, I knew I was going to see bikers portrayed as the supporters of America that we all know they are. They would surely be shown showing their support for the troops but oh no that was not to be. That doesn't fit the whole "Sons of Anarchy" bad boy/girl image they want to show. Their lets scare the rest of the Americans by depicting motorcyclists in a bad light, they know that most people won't look at the percentage of bikers who are Vet's and are patriots. The powers that be are afraid of Patriots, it doesn't matter about party affiliation it is a fear that some good Americans want to get this country back on the right path.

I ask two things of you who read this. One is to call the tv stations, the radio stations and the newspapers and tell them you are tired of bikers being portrayed as a bunch of hell raisers and criminals and two come out this Saturday to Rockers in House Springs, MO for the "Colors" of Fall Freedom Fest. You know that since The Biking Life is involved all bikers are welcome. There will be speakers,from the AMVETS, JPAC ( these are the folks that work diligently to get the remains of American who have lost their lives overseas returned to this country so that their families can have some peace and closure), ABATE and special guest the "Mowhawk" Man. There is going to be a lot of fun stuff going on to but this fun will be in celebration of more serious issues. Also please bring an unwrapped toy for a needy child for Christmas. Thanks for making us part of your biking life.

5 Comments:

Blogger John said...

If you say that the "Sons Of Anarchy" gives bikers a bad image with the public, why do we see your pal wearing a SOA shirt at the parade?
In addition to the local media should we also contact the officials in the town of South Park for their attitude toward bikers?

November 10, 2009 at 12:13 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

It is only my belief that the SOA gives bikers a bad public image. You are free to have your own opinion. My friends are free to do what they want, wear what they want, say what they want, their beliefs can be different than mine. I have friends who sell those shirts as well I have asked them about it but that is their decision, they have a business to run. As for South Park that doesn't even bear comment. Anyone who confuses a cartoon show with reality has deeper issues. But back to the other thing and the freedom as I have said before and many people have before me as well, and this is an important thing to remember on Veteran's Day. I may not agree with you but I will fight for your right to express yourself.

November 11, 2009 at 8:37 AM  
Blogger Stacy G said...

Jim,

We were riding this weekend in Carlyle IL and saw a veteran's ride going on there. Any idea who it was? It was a large group and we would like to participate next year!

November 12, 2009 at 10:47 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

I do know a little about that ride. It was actually a ride around Carlyle Lake for Veteran's. I will see if I can find out some more info and post it especially for next year. Thanks for posting

November 12, 2009 at 11:32 AM  
Anonymous Killer said...

First off Jim is right. In the USA we do all have a right to wear or watch what we want I have seen Sons of Anarchy on TV only so I could know what I was bitching about later. These people (ok most) are the same type who wear OCC shirts and think that their Fatboy is a chopper. Posers is what we called them, and a slew of them are getting together and forming "clubs" without even knowing the rules to form one. Trust me I know from where I speak. In this state as well as many others you can't put MC on your back with out going thru the proper clearance steps like asking permission. If you really want to be a biker or clubber then find a club and just get to know the people in it and let them know you of course most of the lame ass's that would watch SOA are too lame to ride with a real group anyway and yes the South Park episode was rude but what did you expect it's South Park. This view is Killers and his alone if you wish to discuss it with me fine. If I offended you I am sorry Killer out

November 14, 2009 at 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home