Monday, June 18, 2007

I have been asked

I have been asked to not blog about the HardRiders and how some individuals have used their affiliation with them for personal gain. And I will after this post. When I first addressed this, it was based on observation on my part and some comments from some of the group members themselves. About a week ago though, I had an owner tell me that the reason he advertised in a publication was that he was promised HardRider stops if he did so. In other words, it was confirmed to me that the suspicions of myself and others were indeed correct. I know this is not a concerted effort by the HardRiders as an organization but thought you should be aware.

The person that asked me not to blog about this has assured me that steps have been taken to ensure this doesn't take place in the future. I truly appreciate this, the HardRiders is a fun group and one I support. I have no issue with the HardRiders. I have gone on several Thursday Night rides and the HardRiders were included albeit briefly on the DVD we did last year featuring events we attended. As stated in my previous blog below we have given the HardRiders coverage in our publication, and we list your ride along with the hotline number in the print edition as well as online. These actions are not those of someone who is anti-HardRider.

Personally, I have problems calling friends and asking them to attend things I host. I don't believe it gives the merchants, bars or restaurants involved an accurate basis to judge the power of the magazine and the results we deliver. Most of our sales calls go something like this--merchants, bars and restaurants call us asking how they can get in our publication. They do this because their friends have told them of the results we deliver or they have seen the magazine themselves and like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home