Monday, September 3, 2007

Hello to my fellow motorcyclists and workers

I want to wish each and everyone of you a happy Labor Day. Labor Day was a creation of the labor movement. It is a celebration of the contributions that American workers have made to this country. Some of us have lost the meaning of the holiday. I was talking to someone the other day and I referred to the holiday as a workers day and they didn't understand so I explained.

It seems like there needs to be a new labor movement in this country, it seems like corporations are once again abusing workers. It is not like the old days it is a more subtle abuse, they have moved all the manufacturing jobs overseas. I fell for the corporate line back then but now I have seen it was just the first wave. Then they are moving information technology jobs across the water, and customer service it is rare to call a business and get anyone to talk to and if you want to speak to someone whose natural language is English well good luck.

Even the cops will be losing their jobs before too long. I think they don't realize it but if they have all these cameras then why will they need officers. The cameras will catch people running lights oh and in Illinois they can issue speeding tickets by camera soon they won't need speed traps because they will just have the cameras on duty 24/7.

We do need a new labor movement to keep jobs in the country and to keep our country strong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home