Monday, January 19, 2009

Gas Prices

I am not a big conspiracy theory kind of person. Not that I don't believe there are some conspiracies, I may even have been at the root of some but that is for another topic.

What I think today is that there is a big conspiracy over gasoline prices. Did you notice how gas prices were coming down nicely and I appreciate where they are at even now. But as soon as they got very low all of a sudden Israel and the Palestinians start to heat up there continued border conflicts until finally Israel sends troops into Gaza. Personally I don't care one way or another if they kill each other off. But as far as I know there is no or at least very little oil in either of those places. Yet there skirmishes cause the price of gas to go up by 40 cents a gallon. That seems odd to me, I think maybe some big oil guy didn't like where the prices were going so maybe they offer a few million dollars to the Palestinians to step up their launching rockets at Israel so that the price of oil can go back up more to where they would like it.

Why is it that just the threat of something can make the price jump the way it does. There are people with big money that are controlling things both here and also with our financial crisis which was in part brought about or worsened by the price of oil. Let me know what your opinion is?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home