Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A friend of mine

Recently inquired about a booth at the upcoming Midwest Motorcycle Swap Meet for A.B.A.T.E. I told him the organizers would be cool with that. He asked if club "colors" were going to be allowed and I told him they were. He said he has brought it up at a recent officers meeting for that group and some had trouble with a booth at this event. I personally don't have a problem one way or another with that the fact is from what I hear booths are going well and this should be a big event.

The thing I did find interesting though is that this Motorcycle Rights Organization group has no problem at all supporting events that don't allow colors. Perhaps our rights don't extend to what we choose to wear or the way people are allowed to treat those of our bothers and sisters that choose to ride with a club, organization, group, riders or association. There are many that fall into one of these categories.

If you fall into one of those groups I urge you to support the Midwest Motorcycle Swap Meet on March 28 at the Fireman's Association Hall at 9510 Collinsville Rd which is located just off exit 24 on I-255 between I-64 and I-55/70. This event is put on by bikers for bikers.

The vendor spots are reasonably priced and there is one price to get in and it is $5 unless you are under 12 and accompanied by a parent then it is free. I know the people that are putting this on and they are working hard to put on the best damn swap meet possible. I hope to see you there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home