Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A New Beginning

I know that was the title of one of the Star Wars episodes but as I sit here this morning and watch television and the goings on surrounding the Inauguration of Barrack Obama I somehow can't help but believe that is what we stand on the verge of.

I know that one man cannot change things all by himself but yet he already has in some ways. His very election is something that I didn't think I would see at least not yet. The way he touched people from all over during his campaign and now the throngs that are in Washington to witness his Inauguration is incredible.

I have often felt a huge spiritual bonding when in large groups of people gathered together for a singular purpose or when the Star Spangled Banner plays. This too is such a moment I hope that Mr Obama and his counselors can guide us through the treacherous waters we are now all in and that they in time usher in a new era of prosperity for everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home