Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Helmet Laws

I have to come to the conclusion that there is not enough peole that truly have an interest in getting the helemt laws changed. That most of the people out there walking around don't care when the government whittles away on their freedoms, especially if they can tell them this is for the National Security or for their own good. There was a movie a long time ago featuring Rowdy Roddy Piper, famed actor, called They Live. Now in this movie the world had been taken over by Aliens now I would not suggest the world has been taken over by Aliens, however the aliens had set up tv, billboards and all kinds of things to send out subliminal messages for humans to be docile and to go along with what the government put out. This I would suggest has been happening for years and unless enough of you care it will continue to happen.

I have changed my view on gun laws for exactly this reason, yes I was anti-gun but then I started looking at the issues from alrger perspective. Then I saw how wrong I was, it has been said many times enforcing the current laws is a better solution than enacting new ones but then what would the politicians do when they are at work. I also realized that my position was allowing our freedoms to be whittled away on and so I changed my position.

How many of you get the emails about various states motorcycle issues and take action? I don't always but more often than not I do. Does it make a difference? I'm not sure but at least I have made my voice heard and making your voice heard is important. Edmond Burke said long ago that, "the only thing The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
That is what has been going on but we can change that. We cann make our leaders accountable to us but we better start soon. I know a lot of you out there are good men and women so take a little time out of your busy lives and make your voice heard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home