Saturday, December 15, 2007

I Am a Bad Bad Boy and I Apologize to Mel and Shar and Diamond Jim



You may not know Mel and Shar but no doubt you have seen them pull those awesome wheelies on their dresser, the same may be said of Diamond Jim with those monster apes and the fishtails. It seems I've done a disservice to all of these folks. Two years in a row we have put a picture on our DVD cover and then not had the bike in it. I am truly sorry.

This year I even compounded the mistake by emailing Shar and telling her they were definitely on the DVD and they were but at the end a cut was made and the repercussions of that cut were not fully seen at the time. This is my magazine and the DVD has my name on it and I am sorry that things happened as they did.

Jim Furey

4 Comments:

Blogger SHAR said...

Jim,
No need for apoligies.
We understand why the cut was made. A certain "Bar Owner" wants the pubility but has chosen not to participate. Which is a shame.
Mel & I will always support "The Biking Life"!!

December 16, 2007 at 10:22 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

We do have a DVD that features just the segment that we both thought was on the DVD but isn't for you and I think another 4 or 5 copies of that for you to give friends. Also I'm not promising because I haven't seen it yet but I have asked Rod to include your footage and that of Diamond Jim in the opening so you will be on the DVD in perpetuity.

December 16, 2007 at 10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know who took this picture but they deserve some kind of award. (as does Mel and Shar for doing a wheelie like that on an Ultra) It is a great picture. It puts a smile on my face every time I see it.

December 17, 2007 at 7:03 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

My wife Joy caught this photo she is very good at catching pics at just the right time.

December 17, 2007 at 10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home