Monday, April 6, 2009

Clothing Police Strike Again

After last weekends concern over what law abiding citizens were wearing in Collinsville, IL, it should have come as no surprise to me that the clothing police would be out in force in Belleville this weekend. It seems The Biking Life gear was inappropriate wear there. A friend of mine that plays in a band was told he could not wear his gear and play there. I must admit that it makes me smile that someone is that afraid of me, and my magazine, because I have no power, all I have is loyal readers like you who support me no matter what.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim, You scare the heck out of me everytime I see you come around the corner!!

April 6, 2009 at 1:19 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

The same people who told my friend he couldn't wear his shirt, wanted to backed out on the cash prize, to the winner of a bike show I was involved in so I covered them on that and they also welshed on making a contribution to Fischer House.

April 7, 2009 at 6:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So if we all showed up naked would that be ok with the clothing police or not just checking

April 8, 2009 at 2:58 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

I am sure that somehow small-minded people would somehow take offense at that as well. As Jim White used to say "You can't fix stupid" or as Bill Engvall says "Here's your sign!!"

April 9, 2009 at 11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whats gonna happen next... i do believe at the next belleville swap meet along with the no colors allowed sign there will probably be a sign stating no bikers life attire allowed.

April 10, 2009 at 6:44 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

It wouldn't surprise me, some people apparently don't believe in the free enterprise system and competition

April 11, 2009 at 2:45 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

I once read a book. I don't remember the name of it either but there was a line in it that I have not forgotten. It went something like this "the coward dies a thousand deaths, the valiant dies but once." I think that fits here from the way some are acting.

April 14, 2009 at 9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home