Thursday, April 2, 2009

One last thing about police over reaction at the swap meet

Do you know another way I know it was an over reaction? Because the insurance company tells me it was. Okay that didn't really say it was but it was implied. When I was filling out the paperwork for my event insurance, they asked what kind of event it was I said motorcycle swap meet. They asked if beer would be sold, and I said yes. That cost me extra and from the amount that was consumed I could've said no. Can you believe this 2,000 bikers get together and don't go through one half barrel. They asked me how many people would be there and I gave them an estimate. The never asked me if club, not gang, members would be there.

These folks have people that deal in numbers all day long. They are called actuarials, if they thought, or had numbers to show, for one instant that the way people were dressed was cause for concern they would have asked and probably charged me more for a policy. The fact that they didn't I think speaks volumes.

Another thing I spoke to one of the officers that was inside the building yesterday to ask why they harassed us like that, did they get an anonymous tip, he said those guys hat showed up at the end would've been trouble. I asked him if he knew anything about them, had he gone to their website. He said no, he didn't need to be confused by facts, okay that last little bit was me editorializing, at any rate he said no. So I told him I did they are non-territorial, not a support club, not a 1% club, some of their members have jobs as police officers and they pride themselves on their charity work. Seems like a major threat to me. Granted some are not pleased that they didn't go through the proper channels to be recognized in this area. This led to some ignoring their presence at the event.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

I just got a call from the one brother I know of who got arrested Saturday. He is out and walking around and lucky to be doing so. He said the officers involved in his arrest were baiting him.

April 2, 2009 at 11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home