Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I was hanging with some friends last night

When one of them told me he had been stopped on his bike by a Belleville, IL police officer. It appears from what the officer told my buddy that they are going to be seriously cracking down on motorcyclists in Belleville this riding season. Pretty much without reason just suspicion. I guess bikers must be among the biggest problems that Belleville has, and if that is the case then I'm cool with this. But if there are any child predators lurking, any known drug houses that get ignored, any murderers or thieves then this is just another way that folks are harassing motorcyclists.

I believe that is because a bike is one of those symbols of freedom and there are many out there right now that are afraid of freedom, of people speaking their minds, of people gathering together, of media telling the truth and not skewing the story for the sake of the government. I used to hear people talk like this and I thought they were whacked but now the longer I am around I see that the things some folks had forecasted are going to life and that is truly scary.

I think there is still time but we need to make the people in government who speak for us truly accountable and we need to do it now before even more of our freedoms are eroded.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These things will work themselves out. More tickets means fewer riders spending money in Metro East businesses. Lower sales means less tax revenue. Less tax revenue means fewer cops. Fewer cops means less tickets. Nothing changes except the business owner takes a high hard one in the pants.

I had already made it a point to avoid the Alton-Grafton area, I'll just expand my "no-fly zone" to Belleville, too. No big deal, there are plenty of other places that welcome my money.

April 17, 2009 at 1:50 PM  
Blogger John said...

Jim, does Google know something about this? I found it rather amusing that they selected an ad for a Law Enforcement school to go with this entry. The ad showed a SWAT officer aiming an M-16.

April 18, 2009 at 11:26 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Well someone asked him later why he was stopped and he mumbled something about the officer said speeding so lets not get too rash yet but beware.

April 19, 2009 at 3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home